Server administration accountFor the administration of the Amatix Office server, you have to log in on the console using the account "root" and the password "amatix".
UsersThere are 4 preinstalled user accounts: 1 administrator and 3 regular users.
|Name||Account||Password||Email Address||Phone Nr. SIP/IAX2/ISDN||Voice Mailbox||VM Password||Role|
- SMTP (E-Mail)
- IMAP (E-Mail)
- SIP (VoIP)
- IAX2 (VoIP)
- XMPP (IM)
GroupwareAmatix Office implements the groupware system using eGroupWare.
IM and PresenceAmatix Office implements the instant messaging and presence (XMPP/Jabber) using Openfire. The users/groups are read from the groupware's database.
The email authentication (SMTP/IMAP) uses the accounts configured in the groupware's database. The available authentication mechanisms are: PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5. The communcation between the email client and the email server may be encrypted using TLS.
Network configurationThe Amatix Office tries to configure the first network card using your DHCP server.
The actual network status can be displayed using the /usr/sbin/amatix-networkstatus.sh command.
On the CDR Reports page you can get usefull statistics about the calls made through Amatix Office.
This page is available only for the users which are allowed to configure the PBX. By default, you have to use for authentication the "admin" account.
For the interconnection with the external telephony equipment, the following telephony cards types can be used:
- ISDN cards -> used for digital lines (ISDN). These card are controlled using the Modular ISDN Linux drivers (mISDN v2 Hardware).
- The first and the third card will be configured as trunks, using the TE operation mode and the P2P protocol. They will react on every incoming call (the MSN will be ignored).
- The second and the fourth card will be configured for ISDN phones, using the NT operation mode and the P2MP protocol. They will allow calls only from the registered users, using the phone's MSN for authentication.
- Ethernet cards -> used for the VoIP lines (see the Network configuration above).
- An incoming call on the first configured ISDN trunk will be forwarded to the admin's extension (100). All phones registered at the admin's account (SIP, IAX2 and ISDN) will ring simultaneously. If the call is not answered, the caller will be sent to the voicemail.
- An incoming call on the second configured ISDN trunk will be directly routed, depending on the dialed number, to the corresponding user extension (direct inward dial). All phones registered with the user's account (SIP, IAX2 and ISDN) will ring simultaneously. If the call is not answered, the caller will be sent to the voicemail.
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can place outgoing calls through the external lines (IAX2, SIP, ISDN) by dialing a "0" followed by the wanted number. The first free external line will be used to place the call. The free line search order is: SIP, IAX2, and ISDN.
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can place internal calls by dialing the desired extension's number.
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can access their mailbox using the telephone by dialing "999".
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can enter the conference room by dialing "900".
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can transfer an active call by dialing "#" and the desired extension's number where the call will be transfered.
- The users (extensions) of the Amatix Office can park an active call by dialing "#700".
- The parked call can be picked up by dialing the announced number (in range "701"-"720").
- "800" : Echo audio read from channel back to the channel.
- "850" : Call the digital receptionist.
- "888" : Plays the default Music On Hold indefinitely.